The CPD/CE credits awarded can be used towards your declaration to any governing regulatory body in your state or country, provided the content is relevant to your discipline.
The first part of the training will introduce the topic and highlight the theories and laws out. A range of videos, articles will be used.
Introduction to domestic violence/abuse:
– Different types of domestic abuse (emotional, physical, coercive, psychological and sexual)
– What are the laws?
– Theory about domestic violence/ abuse
The second part of the training will focus solely on this client group in therapy. It will look at potential issues that will arise and how to effectively work with them. Case studies will be used for examples.
The different types of clients you will get in therapy with DV background for example
– Client in a domestic violent relationship
– Client in a domestic violent relationship with a child(ren)
– Client who just left a domestic violent relationship
– Client who just got into another domestic violent relationship
– Client in a dual domestic violent relationship
– Same-sex domestic violent relationship
Outline the issues that will come up in therapy example:
– Depression and anxiety
(Discuss how to work with each issue. Give examples)
The last part of the training focuses on some important points that therapists need to remember with this client group. It goes through a in depth checklist and how to implement each one into the therapy process.
Important things to remember:
– Identify the risks of working with this client group
– Creating a safety plan
– Confidentiality, boundaries, contracts and payment
– Working with other agencies, organisations and the local council- how to contact them? Where to find them? Key information will be detailed
– Self-care for the therapist when working with this client group
Conclude outlining everything discussed
Q&A – 1 HOUR
- To understand domestic violence/abuse
- To understand the different types of domestic violence/abuse within relationships
- To understand the issues this client group may present in therapy
- To be aware of the different ways of working with this client group
- To identify the risks when working with this client group
- To understand and be informed of working with 3rd parties and different agencies with this client group